Thu, Jun 13|
Growing Organizational Agility with Sociocracy 3.0 - Practitioner Course, Level 1
With Lili David & James Priest | Organizer: Thrive in Collaboration | Language: English
Date & Location
Jun 13, 2019, 9:00 AM – Jun 15, 2019, 5:30 PM
Barcelona, Passeig dels Pins, 37, 08394 Sant Vicenç de Montalt, Barcelona, Spain
About The Course
Navigate complexity, increase innovation, improve performance and raise engagement throughout the entire organization, with Sociocracy 3.0.
Cross-team synchronization, collaborative innovation, whole system coherence
From growing agile and responsive learning organizations, to governance and decision making, Sociocracy 3.0 brings together an extensive collection of guidelines and practices that can help. You’ll collaborate with others, learn patterns and build competence applying them to respond to a diversity of typical organizational needs. Discover new practices and develop useful skills you can take home and start using right away, whatever your organizational context.
Location: A beautiful mansion located in Caldetas, near Mataro, 40 km away from Barcelona, easily reachable by direct train from the city center or a 45 minute taxi journey from the airport. Only 5 minutes from the beach, the house has magnificent gardens, private tennis, big pool and horses and it's perfect to accommodate up to 15 participants for the course. Click here for photos of the house and the rooms.
This course will help you to:
- understand the basic elements of S3: the concepts, principles, and a majority of patterns and their purpose.
- identify and communicate organizational needs, seize opportunities and learn how an entire organization can improve its ability to consciously respond.
- co-create proposals, effectively make and evolve decisions in rapid learning cycles and guide others to do so, using patterns from S3.
- more effectively distribute and organize work, foster engagement and self-responsibility, and improve meeting effectiveness.
- evolve fit-for-purpose organizational structure, reduce waste and maximize value creation throughout the entire system.
- identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to organizational challenges you face.
During this learning journey you will:
- develop your general knowledge and understanding of the body of S3 concepts, principles and patterns.
- explore how to identify, communicate and effectively respond to organizational needs throughout an organizational system.
- practice using S3 patterns for making and evolving agreements, improving meeting effectiveness and enabling personal and group development.
- examine practices for effective facilitation and participation in collaborative group interactions.
- apply S3 patterns to kick-start a (simulated) grassroots organization and move rapidly from concept to action in self-organizing groups.
- examine various ways to build and evolve organizational structure to support the continuous flow of value.
- frequently reflect on your practice and learning with others and develop your reflexivity.
This course is for:
- Leaders and managers
- Organizational change agents, consultants and HR
- Agile coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters
- Anyone interested in exploring ways of improving self-organization and distributed / decentralized leadership
- Those interested in new trends in organizational development like Responsive.org, Reinventing Organizations, Teal, Holacracy etc.
For more information and open source learning materials, go to sociocracy30.org
What past participants say:
The price varies depending on whether you will need accommodation during the course or not.
Price for non-residential:
€ 1 300 early bird until 12th of May 2019
€ 1 700 full price
- the fee for 3 days of course
- snacks and lunch
- materials during the course
Price for residential:
€ 1 585 early bird until 12th of May 2019
€ 1 985 full price
- the fee for the 3 days course, including materials
- breakfast, snacks and lunch during the course
- accommodation for up to 4 nights (from the night before to the night after the course) in a twin room* shared with another participant
*On request, we can offer you to stay in a single room for an extra cost of €135. Limited availability!
If you wish to participate in this course and the fee is beyond your means or the value you place on it, please contact us to explore how your attendance may still be possible. We wish to ensure that cost is no barrier to attending Sociocracy 3.0 courses.
For any questions or any information please contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org